Little Acorns Wraparound Care
Welcome to Kinnerton Little Acorns Wraparound Care, this page lays out all the information you will need upon enrolling at our Little Acorns Wraparound Care. We look forward to welcoming you and your little ones.
Starting With Little Acorns Wraparound Care
Upon arrival your child will be welcomed and made to feel relaxed. They will be given the opportunity to partake in a wide range of activities from crafts, reading and board games to outdoor activities (Weather permitting). Our aim is to create a ‘Home from Home’ environment where your child will feel safe, relaxed and happy.
What To Bring
Children will remain in their uniform after their morning school session. We ask that all Parents and Careers provide a change of clothes in case of accidents or having too much fun and getting messy. This should remain in their school bags.
Please clearly label any items that you provide so that we can help towards the frustration of loss property and not getting things returned to their rightful owner.
We would like to take this opportunity to ask if you could refrain from bringing toys and personal belongings into nursery. We understand at times that children can become attached to toys on their journey to school but as you can imagine these can sometimes cause conflict when other children wish to look at them or show an interest. If these items do get to nursery we are unable to take any responsibility of loss or damage.
Wet & cold weather clothing. Please provide hats and gloves and a waterproof coat so that your child can still enjoy the experience of being outside in the colder months, please make sure this is clearly labelled.
Sun Cream and Hats in the summer months and a water bottle, all labelled with your child’s name, the children have access to drinking water throughout the day.
If your child has regular medication then please make sure that you talk it through with Kim.
Lunch is served in accordance with the School menu on a 3 weekly rotation and in accordance with the Flintshire healthy school meals programme. Children will be asked to make their choice each morning from the daily options and lunch will be served in Kinnerton Little Acorns so the children can eat together.
The Flintshire cost of school meals is £2.50 a day which can be paid to the school office or via the School Gateway App.
Children are welcome to bring packed lunches but please make sure these contain a healthy variety of foods. Items such as chocolate, sweets and crisps should be avoided.
We ask that no nuts are provided in lunch boxes at any time and also we ask that foods such as grapes and cocktail sausage are sliced vertically so as to prevent a choking hazard.
Little Acorns Wraparound Care currently operates during term time only.
It is our policy to offer every session in full until 3pm.
All pupils will be collected from the end of their Nursery class in the school at 11:30am.
We plan activities and experiences for your child to attend every day that she/he is scheduled. If your child is going to absent, please contact the Club Manager or email the Admin Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org to report their absence.
Aims of our attendance policy
- To encourage regular attendance.
- For each child to attend the session until 3pm with pick up by a responsible adult known to our staff
- To work together with parents in order to plan attendance;
We will expect our parents/carers to:
- Provide up to date contact numbers and changes of address
- Notify Little Acorns Wraparound Care when their child is unable to attend, by 9.30am on the first day of the absence
- In cases of lengthy absence, inform the team of child’s expected return dat
Little Acorns wraparound care is £17.50 per daily session (11:30am – 3pm). Fees can be paid either directly to Kinnerton Little Acorns or via the Free Childcare Hours Offer via Flintshire County Council for 3 & 4 year olds.
Fees are calculated on a half termly basis and will be emailed to you to your nominated email address as confirmed on the “Parent Portal” 10 days before the start of each half-term (in line with school term time). Payment time frames are stated below:
- If you pay directly, payment is required before the start of each half-term and if payment isn’t received within 10 days of the half term starting, we reserve the right to withdraw the space (please see below for bank details for direct payments).
- Any children eligible for the 30 Hours Free Childcare via Flintshire County Council will be excluded from the payment terms above as payment is claimed by Kinnerton Little Acorns from Flintshire County Council directly.
Cancellation of sessions requires 4 weeks’ written notice during which time fees remain payable. Written notice can be provided by email to email@example.com.
If your child is not attending a session for any reason ranging from illness, holiday, school trip etc, the fees remain payable.
We are registered for the Flintshire Childcare Offer through Flintshire County Council – further information is available below.
We also accept payment through Tax-Free Childcare and other employer childcare voucher providers.
Please note that we do not accept payment via cash or cheque.
Account Name: Kinnerton Little Acorns
Sort Code: 60-05-07
Account No: 2286 4660
Reference: Child’s Name
Flintshire Childcare Offer for 3 – 4 Year Olds (30 hours)
Please do not apply more than 8 weeks before your child’s start date and ensure you have the following information before you start:
- Scan/photograph of your Child’s birth certificate
- Scans/photographs Parent’s last three months wage slips
- Scan/photograph of a proof of residency, (e.g. most recent Council Tax Statement, bank statement, utility bill, insurance document(s))
- Agreed childcare providers hours and days
- Employers contact details, including: Address, telephone number and email
- Scan/photograph of any Department for Work and Pensions letter or current employers letter that would qualify parents for the Childcare Offer if not currently in work
Select ‘Kinnerton Little Acorns’ from the drop down menu ( please note there are 2 other Little Acorns so ensure you select the correct one)
If you have any queries relating to the Childcare Offer for Wales, Flintshire, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the FISF on 01352 703500.
We are currently registered for following Childcare Vouchers. This list is not exhaustive and if you wish to use any other provider please contact us.
Mon-Fri: 7.45am – 9.00am (Term Time)
Early Entitlement | Playgroup
Mon, Tues, Wed & Thurs: 9.00am – 11:30am (Term Time)
Little Acorns Wraparound Care
Mon-Fri: 11:30am – 3:00pm (Term Time)
Mon-Fri: 3.00pm – 6.00pm (Term Time)
£5 per session
Early Entitlement | Playgroup
£12.50 per session
Little Acorns Wraparound
£17.50 per session
£11 per session